Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shape Shifting

Dear Internet,

Please excuse my absence.

I’ve had to set the vintage and collectible blogging aside for a bit as I’ve assumed my jewelry artisan persona and have been busy filling a lot of jewelry orders. Next,  I’ll be shape shifting into bookclasp workshop teacher. Since the workshop is coming up very soon, I’ll have to do some prep for that, and pack my tools and equipment.

While having so many personae can certainly be interesting, it can also be counter productive, especially when there is an inconvenient intersection of demands on my time, and I have to be more than one person simultaneously. Inevitably, just when I begin to get engrossed in one thing, I have to shift to another mode which often prevents me from being able to devote enough time to do anything as well as I would like.

Now, more than ever, it's time to think seriously about eliminating something. Most likely it will be the thing which produces the least return for the amount of time I put into it. I'll be thinking about this while I am on my trip east.

Along the way I am hoping to stop to search random antique malls for bargains. If I find something good and if there is a free moment I may surprise you with a brief update or two.

When I get back I hope to post new entries in my collections series, which I began in March.  In the meantime, I noticed someone else has picked up on my accidental collection thought in her post over here. 

Meanwhile, you can always shop, live, in Chicago at the Edgewater Antique Mall. We are always adding new items to our booth as we find them.

I still have a lot more work to finish before I leave, so I'd better get on it before the next shape shift.

No comments: